So Mississippi went from nice weather a few weeks ago to miserable! It has been in the 90's and is suppose to stay that way for quite some time. WELCOME TO THE SOUTH (I keep reminding myself). I had a doc appt. today and this random doc I stood next to int he elevator said "WOW your due in July... don't go outside... stay in with a air conditioner blowing on you." Even men are telling me how terrible it is gong to be being pregnant that time of the year in Mississippi :) haha. I thought it was pretty funny!!
Doc appt. went well. Gained another 2lbs in the last 2 weeks so I am on track. All of a sudden in the last 1-2 weeks EVERYONE has been telling me how small I look. I swear people were asking me if I was having twins in the beginning of my pregnancy and now I don't look big enough. I asked the doctor and she said I just have a VERY long torso so the baby has more room to lay without moving outward as much. I feel huge, I know I could be much bigger but I do not feel small at all :)
I had to go shopping today for a few more tank tops because even though people keep telling me I look small for some reason all of my shirts keep getting shorter and shorter :) haha. It is too hot to wear anything else but tank tops outside even at 7am when I walk the dogs... I am still sweating!! Well I went to get ready this morning and once again one of my bigger tank tops is now barely covering my belly and if I move just a tad it rides up and my belly hangs out. I look like this pic... hahah. Well kind of, it at least gives you an idea of what i am talking about.
Pretty sexy huh!! HAHAHA.
Tobin doesn't understand that my tiny tank tops that I use to wear last summer are not going to fit :)
Well last weekend (a week ago) we decided to stay in town for memorial day weekend while all of our friends went to Florida. I was about a 7 hour drive and the doc didn't really recommend it but didn't say no. He just told us that I would need to stop EVERY hour to walk around and stretch my legs. It would of been a lot of money and I wouldn't be able to stay out in the heat all day with everyone else... so we stayed home. Our friends stayed back as well and they have a boat so we went on the lovely river one day. It was a lot of fun, dirty water and quite the experience, but we enjoyed ourselves :) One of girls is also due in July so we hung out with our belly's in the water a lot of the time. AND yes I did wear a 2 piece bathing suit :) pretty funny I might say but I oh well.
The next day we drove to Memphis and visited a Babies R Us... holy crap that place is huge and has sooooo much baby stuff it is unbelievable!!! It was really nice because they have a ton of stuff on show so you can see the product and test them out. They have a large section of the middle of the store with crib sets set up... which was really nice so we could see what they look like rather then just online and see how sturdy they actually are. It gave us a better idea of what we want to get. We are waiting to buy a crib and changing table though because we will be moving and there is no need to have one until later on. We have gone back and forth whether to buy it now or later and we finally decided to wait. We were also able to get some stuff for the babies room (whenever we actually have a room for her :) so that was fun picking out some of the decorations and matching things together (more fun for me then for Tobin :). We also went to Target to return some baby stuff and so Tobin could use his birthday gift cards there :) it's funny that was our exciting weekend but oh well, we had a nice time. It was just nice to get out of Columbus for a bit and we saved a ton of money by not going to FL even though it would of been fun!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Last few weeks!
Posted by holly gannett at 2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment