Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where does Tobin go??

So I have realized that I have not been clear and have been asked by many people where Tobin goes when he goes on a "mission."

Yes he always goes to either Germany or Spain but that is only the first stop... he basically stops in a nice place and ends up in a not so nice place... Afghanistan. They also go to Iraq but not near as frequent as they use to since everything has shifted with the war. Many times they take more than one trip "down range" (Afghanistan or Iraq) during a single mission.

Since Tobin has started to fly he has been "down range" at least once a month, many of the times he has been gone for at least a few weeks. So it's not all glorious when I say he's in Germany, yes they visit Germany and/or Spain but that's only their mid point mark.

Anyways, I hope that clears up anyone's questions. I feel bad that a lot of people did not realize he was going "down range." I guess the reason I don't talk much about it is because we can't really say exactly where they are going so I just choose to not talk about it and not think about it.... that's also why I haven't posted pictures of the places they go- it's not always the nicest area, but it could be much worse (I just have to keep reminding myself that)!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, we miss all of you!

Love, The Gannett Family

0 comments: