Thursday, April 24, 2008

Plane crash kills 2 pilots

So if any of you have been trying to get a hold of us and you have been unable to I am sorry, but we had quite an overwhelming and scary day yesterday around here on Columbus, Air Force Base.

This will explain some of what happened...

Plane crash kills 2 pilots
(click this link)


So Yes Tobin is ok but it was an overwhelming day for everyone around here. Some wifes heard from there husbands that they were ok but couldn't say anymore and some did not hear from there husbands for longer periods of time, which just makes you go crazy... is he ok? I hadn't heard from Tobin right away so I was kind of freakin out (this is before we found out what type of plane crashed, Tobin flies a T-1 and the Plane that crashed was a T-38). All I could imagine was a car pulling up to my house and men dressed in uniform coming to the door, like the movies, to tell you the awful news. Basically I was an emotional wreck, even after I found out he was ok... partly could be the hormones but also it just smacks you in the face that it could of been him.

Why does he fly planes? Not really sure!


Later last night we found out that the student who died in the crash was married and lived on base... someone did end up driving up to her house in uniform and they had to tell her she had lost her husband, I can't even imagine :( It makes me cry just thinking about it. We also found out that she is 5 months pregnant, so I think that got to me too, being pregnant right now I can't even imagine how she feels or what is going through her head. Not that it would be any better if she wasn't pregnant but ... you know what I mean! Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and the instructors family as well.

So as you can see we were shaken up yesterday and I still am... I feel like then the guys go back to work today and do there normal day to day stuff-- AHHH!

So remember to tell your loved ones that you love them and be thankful they are home safe every night. We all take that for granted and you never know what is going to happen :(

0 comments: