So last month when I went to the doctor I had just gotten back from my trip to Montana for 2 weeks. Two days later I was in the doctors office for my monthly check up and the first thing they do is weigh you... never really look forward to standing on that thing but the results have never been super shocking. Well last month I went from gaining a total of 8 lbs to gaining 7 lbs in one month! Let me tell you I was not a happy camper, I actually almost started crying in the doctors office the most I sat there and waited for the doc to see me. I could not believe that in one month I had pretty much doubled my total weight gain. So I kept telling myself this is normal, this is what happens when you are pregnant and then I started calculating how much I would gain at the end of my pregnancy if I did gain that amount every month from there on out... ya that would be a lot of weight! So when the doctor finally came in I asked him if that was normal and he politely said "well no it's not normal but it may of just been a spurt, but you don't want that to happen every month." Way to make me feel better... So I went home and told Tobin how much I gained and I don't really think he knew what to say because all the other doctor visits I had been gaining anywhere from 1-3 lbs a month! And then of course my eyes filled with tears and I decided to eat some ice cream :) hahaha. What I wasn't taking into consideration was that I was on vacation for 2 weeks, out of my routine, not exercising like I had been and ate out a lot (like anyone on vacation does)!
Well I just had my monthly doctors check up for this month and I gained 1 lbs :) Woo Hoo!!!! I was very pleased. I figured that I probably lost a few pounds from exercising and gained a few for the baby as well :) So it equals out more now... 7 to 1 makes that what ..... 3-4 lbs a month-- much better!! And let me remind you I am not eating less this month or anything... I
still eat when I am hungry and lots of it, I am just walking the dogs daily and it is amazing what that can do to keep you some what in shape :) So I eat all the ice cream or cookies I crave and absolutely want, there is no stopping that even if I did gain a lot of weight again :) My girlfriend found this ice cream that has drumsticks (you know the ice cream cone things) bits in vanilla ice cream with fudge chucks and it is my new favorite thing... we had to buy some at the store yesterday... Tobin did not think it was necessary but I won that war :) hah. ANyone a fan of drumsticks you will LOVE this ice cream, you got to try it :) I think Edy's makes it and no it's not one of those that has 1/3 the calories and fat (unfortunately)!
Monday, May 5, 2008
baby weight gain!
Posted by holly gannett at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Those Drumsticks look SO good! Do they sell them at the commissary?
Post a Comment