So some advise to any expecting mothers... don't go try Yoga for the first time when you are 7 months pregnant and have have never done it before. It will just
make you feel so uncoordinated, huge and ridiculous!!! I had been going to pilates off and on since I have been pregnant and have actually enjoyed it. A new yoga class started on base so a few of us girls went to it yesterday
afternoon and I will not go back, until after this lil baby is out of me! All the other girls enjoyed it but I did not. I normally have always had very good balance and pretty flexible. Well I feel like I have no balance at all after yesterday, I know my center of gravity is off a little but did not expect it to be that hard. I was falling all over the place not able to do half the stuff and it was pretty much the longest hour of my life. At one point within 2 minutes I looked at the clock 3 times, hoping the hour was almost over and of course it was no where near being over. Yoga is suppose to relax you and help you stretch I guess... well I could not relax what so ever because I was too worried about falling over or my damn tank top kept rising up every time I lifted my hands :( and then I was that pregnant lady with her belly hanging out! hah. Maybe I just don't get it, yoga that it... I just don't understand the whole thing and when I was done I had the worst headache ever. Oh and the instructor kept saying "now imagine your roots growing out of your toes, from your thighs to your knees to your feet and out your toes." Roots? I guess I don't look at my body as a plant!
Anyways, good luck if any of you decide to try it, maybe it would be easier to do earlier on in the pregnancy and then by the time you are 7 months you know what you are doing and wouldn't look like an idiot, like I did! As for me it just made me feel like a huge cow trying to twist and turn... not the best self-esteem booster that's for
sure!!!
Monday, May 5, 2008
YOGA!
Posted by holly gannett at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Haha! I tried so hard not to laugh in yoga, especially in the first part when my cell phone went off. I don't like to look like a tree, or the warrior position, and I thought I was about mooning people during the butt stretch. I really don't like closing my eyes when I work out because I'm afraid everyone else has them open and is just laughing at me. Apparently, the mats we used make you way off balance so don't feel bad. It was fun, but I know if I want to go again.
Post a Comment