Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tornadoes Ravage Deep South



So I really don't feel like I need anymore reasons for HATING Mississippi. I truly do not like living in the south. I have many of reasons, but one that comes to mind would be because I was shot out of bed at 1am this morning by an extremely loud SIREN and a man's voice repeating "SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY, TORNADO IS APPROACHING." There was a Tornado watch from 7pm-12am around here but this happened at 1am. This just does not sound like fun to me. So I am franticly trying to get Tobin out of bed and get the dogs out of there kennel. Tobin just said I needed to calm down and we should seek shelter under the covers-- I did not appreciate his humor, but he was not kidding either. After I get the dogs and I in the bathroom, Tobin is walking around checking the weather, trying to find my phone, peeing (in the other bathroom that has windows, you would think by now in this case he would be able to pee in front of me, geez). When he finally got in the bathroom with me he asked if we could just go into sleep mode, he was not exactly diggin this whole thing. It doesn't help that he has been getting up at 3:30am for work for the last few weeks. Well after about 30 minutes in the bathroom we were able to go back to bed. I of course could not fall back asleep, I think my heart was still racing. Once I finally calmed down I was laying in bed about to fall back asleep and what do you know it had been 45 minutes since we had been in the bathroom and ANOTHER siren goes off... it is now 2:30am and we go through the same routine... sat in the bathroom for about 30 minutes and finally go back to bed... then for at least the next 1 or so we had extremely loud and disturbing thunderstorms. Nothing happened to our house, we are all okay, but that was not fun to say the least. Thanks Janelle for your little prayer last night :) not sure if you were kidding but either way we are ok! Man I want to move closer to home.

I had heard this morning that the storms had killed 48 people, that was the count so for. Here is the link to CNN's article. CRAZY! This happened before, less then a month ago and here is a picture from it... this was taken at a town close by, the bus was lifted onto the top of the school, but thankfully no one was hurt.

0 comments: