Monday, February 11, 2008

Why dogs chew on sticks!

Do you ever wonder why dogs eat or chew on sticks, branches, bark or anything wood?

This last weekend we took the dogs to the park twice a day, it was beautiful weather and Tobin and I figured we would play Frisbee while the dogs ran around. They chase the frisbee and us while we run after it, it worked out well :)

Half the time OTIS was enjoying laying in the grass gnawing on pretty large sticks. Normally he doesn't actually eat them so we let him chew away. We figured it's what any normal dog likes to do... chew on sticks, eat grass and so on. Once it awhile they will get sick from it, but then be fine, ever dog does it. What every dog DOESN'T do is poop out the bark in there poop and then proceed to EAT it in the house! I am sitting working on my computer and all of a sudden I don't hear or see Otis, he tends to get into some trouble... I am so lucky to of found him in the process of eating his own crap. I couldn't believe it and couldn't tell if it was poop or bark so I smelt his face/mouth and about puked. YES my dog just pooped out the bark he was chewing on 2 days before and then chewed on it again. I can't even explain to you how incredibly grossed out I was!

#1 Lesson learned today... DO NOT LET YOUR DOG CHEW ON STICKS!!!!

1 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

I am not sure what to be more disturbed about:
that your dog eats crap, or that you smelled his crappy face. You're nasty. You're gonna be one of those moms that sticks their fingers down their baby's diaper to see if they've pooped, aren't you??