Saturday, June 19, 2010

birthday beach weekend


Happy Birthday to me :)

My birthday was on Thursday and we have been VERY BUSY the last few days... we missed you daddy and we wish you would of been here (Tobin is still stuck in Afghanistan :( sleeping on tents in 119 degree weather... he found a phone to call me quick one of the days and said "I woke up and my elbows were sweating.." hah.. I couldn't help but laugh a little, he hates the heat like that).

We also had to make a visit to the Children's hospital in Wilmington ( about an hour away) for Ella she is ok... long story short they weren't sure what this awful rash was that wouldn't go away and she had it for about 9 days... the hospital was SOOOO NICE and the nicest doctors I have ever met!

Anyways here are some pics of our last few crazy days :)

** the pics are in reverse order- Saturday, Friday, Thursday, Wednesday.

Hanging out at Dewey Beach with the Mitten Family listening to some music and enjoy great food after being on the beach all afternoon.
Part of the Mitten Family
Other part of the Mitten family :)
Ella and Caleb listening and watching the band.... Ella LOVES to dance :)
Sandy and the kids (Sandy and Dave Mitten rented a beach condo for the week and invited us down for a couple days to hangout and celebrate my birthday since Tobin was gone)


Caleb and Ella digging a WHOLE hole haha... they didn't actually dig this, the guys did and then they were just playing in it
Ella chasing Caleb...
On our way back down to the beach Saturday afternoon
Ella at one of her little friends birthday parties :)
going to the birthday party, she insisted on caring the present I was not allowed to
beautiful flowers I got in the mail for my birthday from Tobin :) Thanks babe!
Ella and Madelyn leaving the pool on base... friends from base
Hanging out on the patio, dewey beach... Ella got spoiled by the Mitten's, she ate the ENTIRE time we were there hah. That is an ice cream sandwich in her hands all over her face.
First night at Dewey Beach with the Mitten's... this is Erin (such a sweet girl, Dave and Sandy's daughter)
Erin, Kevin, Jamie, Ella and I on the beach at Dewey. Kevin and Erin are Sandy and Dave's kids that are just a couple years younger than me and Jamie is Erin's boyfriend


Group shot before we headed out on the town :) Sandy and Dave offered to watch ella after she went to bed so I could go out with everyone for my birthday. Had a blast! Thanks again!!

On one of our road trips to the beach I bought Ella her very first burger... she liked it and then...
... decided to take the meat off and eat the bread and cheese haha...

Ella showing off her "PRETTY"... her wrist band for being admitted to the hospital. She like it and then tried everything possible to get it off.
"how do I get this thing off??"

Showing off my stickers I got from the Doc :) Dora and a princess sticker because I was so good.

Anyways how's that for an update :) Daddy we miss you and just wanted to keep you posted on what we are doing while MISSING YOU TONS!!!

Love, h&e

0 comments: