Friday, February 5, 2010

27% weight

I know most of you are going to think I have lost my mind but listen to this...

We just got back from the doctors for Ella's 18 month check up and she is in the 27% for weight. She hasn't really gained much since her 12 month appointment. I swear that child eats more than any kid I know. All she does is EAT, SLEEP and never stops moving when she is up.

Anyways, she went from 84% to 27% in the matter of 6 months so they are running a bunch of tests. I just hope she is ok and nothing major it wrong with her. If her results come back ok we will have to have another checkup in 2 months to see if she is starting to gain some more weight or not and go from there.

She had to get her blood drawn and not just a small amount. You should have seen her I was so proud of her it was unbelievable-- no tears at all. She sat on my lap and they tied her arm off like they do to an adult. I had to hold her arm down and hold the other arm so she didn't try to grab it (I was nervous because I had heard horror stories about this). They stuck her with the needle, luckily got it to work right away and ella just sat there and watched the blood go in (gross I know). She was very interested and didn't cry or even frown-- I couldn't believe it!! Needless to say she did 100 times better than her dad does hahaha.... for ones that don't know this Tobin get very weak and faint when he gets blood taken haha. When we were all done she got to take a sticker and toy from the treasure chest :) I am still shocked at how well she did because she cried when I sat her down to get weighed and measured hah.

So I guess we just wait and hope the results come back ok... I hate this it makes my mind go crazy and it doesn't help that I can't get a hold of Tobin.

I'll keep you posted!

-- oh and she is 87% for length and 96% for head, she has Tobin's head that's for sure :)

5 comments:

The Parkers said...

hope everything goes well!

Anne said...

Could she be taking after your growth pattern as a baby? You're a skinny minny so maybe she just is too! Hope that's all it is! Crossing my fingers for you guys.

Janelle Wilson said...

So she inherited your metabolism (remember your obsession with chicken alfredo and rice krispi bars?) and bravery, and Tobin's head size? I think that's not a bad combination at all!

Natalie said...

I can't believe Ella can have neck rolls and a solid appetite for muffins, pizza, chicken nuggets, and still be underweight! I wish I had that problem, minus the neck rolls;)

ADRIENNE and JOSH said...

96% for head??? HAHAHA! YES, DEFINITELY TOBIN's!!!