Friday, February 5, 2010

DE-state of emergency!

Delaware Governor Declares Emergency

DOVER, Del. (AP) ― Gov. Jack Markell has declared a state of emergency for Delaware in the face of a massive winter storm bearing down on the mid-Atlantic region.

The emergency declaration was to take effect at 8 p.m Friday and includes an order for Delawareans to stay off the roads as of 10 p.m. Friday. The governor said only emergency vehicles and essential personnel will be allowed on the roads until further notice.

Markell earlier had ordered nonessential employees not to report for work Friday evening or anytime Saturday.

Delaware was bracing for snowfall totals ranging from about 10 inches to two feet. Officials warn that the combination of wet and heavy snow and high winds could result in power outages.
______________________

Check out this photo below... WOW PARALYZING-- we are in that area!
I know in Montana this seems crazy to make such a big deal but the problem is people around here do not know how to handle that much snow and the state does not have the equipment to take care of it quickly like they do in MT! The first snow storm similar to this earlier this year Tobin and I laughed and called everyone ridiculous for running out to the store to stock up on bread and milk and produce... we learned our lesson.... the entire town was shut down for days. Grocery stores were closed, school was canceled and even the base was close.

With that said, wish Ella and I luck... Tobin is still gone and I hate shoveling ESPECIALLY HEAVY SNOW!!! I am just praying that we don't lose power like they are saying is very possible... I did not prepare for that!

I guess we will see.... man today just has not been the best day (it just needs to end)!

1 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

I hope you have everything you need (good movies, wine, books and chocolate)) for the cold weekend.