Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boston: Day 1

Day 1: We arrived on late night to Boston. Saturday we TIRED to sleep in alittle bit but of course Ella had a ROUGH night so there wasn't much sleeping... YUCK! So we got going and headed around the city on a Trolley Tour. It allowed us to get off and on where ever as many times as we wanted. While you are on the trolley there is a guiding telling all the interesting things about Boston and all the history, Man there is a TON of history!

Trolley ride
some amazing architecture and homes around town
I love this picture!
There was this ice sculpture that we were able to sit and take our picture.. it was huge
Carol and Damon (Tobin's parents)
Back on the Trolley and ready for a quick nap :)
In the middle of downtown there is an ice skating rink out called FROG POND
Boston!

Go Red Sox!!

just hanging out
I love this picture :)


Ella wantting Starbucks as much as I did :)

Later that day we went swimming at the hotel, but I will post pics of that later... Ella LOVES the water!

By the end of the day we were exhausted but Tobin and I decided once Ella went to bed to sneak out and go grab a drink and dessert! We went to this fancy place in one of the hotels near by and ordered a nice dessert wine and wonderful dessert.... THEN we got a phone call and all we could hear is Ella SCREAMING! So before our server could bring out the dessert to us we had to ask him to box it up for us (it was warm with warm syrup and ice cream to go along with it so boxing it was not ideal). Our server was so nice, he gave us 2 to-go soup bowls put our wine in since we weren't able to finish it (and the wine was $13 a glass), this of course was not technically legal but who cares)! So we hurried back and by the time we got back he had finally calmed down. Tobin and I decided to enjoy our boxed up dessert down in the lobby... here is what it looked like, trust me it looked MUCH nicer at the restaurant, man was that place nice! So much for splurging, but I guess thats what comes along with having a baby!!

0 comments: