Thursday, May 28, 2009

The BIG apple

Last weekend (memorial day weekend) we last minute decided to venture out and see the CITY, New York City that is. Like I said earlier I have been waiting to go here for a VERY long time and was EXTREMELY excited for our quick trip.

Here are photos from our long, exhausting (especially with Ella), fun filled, amazing weekend that we both enjoyed very much. We spent a chunk of money but plan to go back because we liked it so much. You can't see everything in one trip to NYC because there is so much to see/do. It was worth every penny and can't wait for our next trip! It was a great way to spend some time together before Tobin headed out on another trip.

Sit back (maybe grab some coffee since there are so many pics) and enjoy...

First off Tobin is going to kill me for posting this pic AND making it the 1st one hahaha, but I couldn't resist. It was taken when we were on the train at 7am to get to NYC and Tobin wanted to ruin the picture... so here you go Tobin, I love you :). We had been up since 3am (not the best way to start a weekend off in new york, lesson learned).
On our way to NYC on the train, so excited! The train is awesome cause you can sit back and relax and it took us straight to madison square garden (train station is actually under the garden)
We checked in early to our hotel and ventured out around the city. We stayed right in TIME SQUARE which was the perfect location. We took one of those double decker buses around the city (we were able to get off and on as we pleased) it was great!


Janelle is this who you were talking about? haha. Look at this guy and I bet he makes a lot more money then we do! He was giving me the eye from above when we were on the bus.
How would you like that for a career?!
All the lights, people and signs/billboards-- I LOVE IT! Never want to live here but love visiting.
Trying again to get a pic on the top of the bus, didn't work out as well as I hoped. By this time Ella is already sleepy and decided she didn't want her hat on anymore... we almost lost it flying off the bus a few times.
What a cutie!
Sweet huh?! You all know I love my tequila... yummy margaritas :)
You can find a hot day stand on EVERY corner, not kidding.
On the bus heading to the Empire State building
Empire State building

a memorial for the world trade center (until the new one is finished).
once was the world trade center... here is the construction of the amazing project they have going on. I had no idea the detail that was going into the project. It will be very cool when complet, I hope it is done before we move so we can visit.
You can find out about the project/memorial they are buidling at this website! Check it out.
One of her many naps in the stroller... so exhausted. TObin and I wish we could of been doing the same thing. We walked a ton, it was very hot out and had been up since 3am.
Statue of Liberty
Tobin taking a pic of us with the Statue of Liberty in the background, if you look VERY close you can see it.
same thing here look close and it is there, haha. Oh well we tried.
Back on the bus and heading to the hotel after a long eventful day.
This picture says it all-- She was sooo tired, look at her. We could help but laugh at how terrible she looks in this picture. SHE IS BEAT! Poor thing.
After we went back to the hotel rested up a bit, we headed out for dinner at the Hard Rock. Times Square at night time.
The Gannett Family in the big apple!
Biggest Toys R Us ever! It has a ferris wheel inside it and I belive was 5 or 6 levels... it was nuts.

Ella loves Elmo!
Headed in after dinner so we could all get some rest and relax a bit. Ella decided she was going to wake up by the time we got back and was off the the walls for a bit. So happy to be able to crawl around and out of the sun.
Hanging out with Dad, I love this picture!!
Just watching some B-Ball :)
Getting ready for bed and so ready for it...
but we didn't get much sleep because this is what Little Miss did ALL NIGHT LONG! AHHHHHH, it was terrible.
The next morning we had a nice breakfast that come to find out only cost us $68.00, holy crap we about died, it was downstairs in our hotel, but it was the best breakfsat buffet we have ever had. I still can't believe it, our dinners were cheaper then our breakfast! Anyways we headed over to my favorite part of the weekend... the MoMA! Musuem of Modern Art. It is the sweetest musuem, I could of spent all day in there. Tobin even enjoyed it, but not as much as I did :) Ella was very good, couldn't of asked for anything more (of course she was great during the day but terrible when bed time came).
inside the MoMA (I will post more picks of the MoMA later)
MoMA's garden, with structures and a beautiful water area.... so pretty. This is one of the only good pics of us.
Great place highly recommend!
For lunch we found this great pizza joint for $2 slices that were huge. We strolled down to Central Park and enjoyed the wonderful weather and people watched for a bit....
Ella watched the back of her eyelids :) We walked down 5th ave and went through all shops and went to a nice dinner and got the best banana pie pudding I have ever had at this cute little backery place on 6th street!
Back to the hotel again, headed in for the night. TObin thought this was hilarious and wanted a picture, haha. She loved it... it made me nervous a little.
Just being the monkey she is
hanging out in bed again, she actaully slept in her crib this night, thank goodness!
Her new thing that she now does at home as well since we were in this hotel is try to climb up the side of the wall or head board and pound on the wall/headboard. Then she looks at us smiles and falls back and giggles... it's pretty cute but the game gets old when you want to sleep and it's 6am :)

That's the end of our trip to the big apple for now :)

4 comments:

Janelle Wilson said...

That is EXACTLY the guy I was talking about! I even wrote "naked cowboy", then started to second guess myself so I wrote "singing cowboy" instead. I have a great picture of him from my visit as well. Such an icon. :) Looks like you had a blast, and I'm impressed with how much the three of you do as a family. Kudos!

Anne said...

Wow - how fun! You guys did so much in such a short time, how impressive, especially with the baby!! Love all the pics, Ella's personality is definitely coming out more & more!

aubyn said...

Great posting, Holly! I bet the naked cowboy is happy it is summertime :)

natalieshaub said...

Looks like you had a great time in NYC... WE went down to Dallas for the weekend (not as exciting as NYC) and Isabella didn't go to be until 12am on the first night, so for the second, I did 11 laps around the hotel with her in the stroller trying to get her to sleep. It ended up working though. Hope you are all doing well.
Can you believe our girls are going to be 1 soon?!?!