How does a nice piece of wood sound for dinner? Or how about some black paint? Our "sweet" little Ella has started a bad habbit-- chewing on her crib. Yes I know she is teething and 1 tooth has already come in and the 2nd one is just about through, but really does she need to chew on her crib? She's as bad as the dogs, maybe even worse. She began doing this a couple weeks after she figured out how to stand up in her crib... She is a master at standing up now (this was taken a while ago)... and watch the end-- this is where she realizing she could chew!
So I went to go buy the teething rails and found out that they are worthless, they pop right off and don't do much. So I decided to MAKE something to solve our little problem... check it out.First here is damage she has done so far to the crib, eating paint is not good! She literally digs her 1 little tooth in the side of the crib and then proceeds to grind up and down constantly.
Here is the end result. Soft and fuzzy teething rails. I bought some fabric that matched her bumper and changing pad cover and Ta-Dah! Pretty cute huh?
close up of soft teething rail covers
I asked around to some friends and none of them seemed to have this problem... I guess it's different for each baby. Oh Ella! Now she should be safe and she can chew on the rail cover as much as she wants :)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
how about a nice piece of wood for dinner?
Posted by holly gannett at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holly you are so crafty . . . um I guess the better response would be artsy because everything you put together looks amazing. You really need to sign up at Etsy if you haven't already. I'm lucky Cam hasn't tried this yet
If that is what her crib looks like, I'd hate to see what your nip nip looks like. Eek.
Holly, the teething rail covers look great! Did you make them with your new sewing machine? Yeah, I guess every kid is different. I used to have the same problem with grinding my crib with my teeth. If I remember correctly, wood tastes pretty good. And it has a lot of fiber! :)
I, Janelle Wilson, amend Seth's comment. It was me, not him, who made the wildly inappropriate nip nip comment. My apologies for anyone who may have been hurt by my foolish words.
Post a Comment