For quite a while I have been trying to figure out something I can do (a hobby of some sort) that does not involve a computer, I am ALWAYS on the computer and need something new to do. So I found a sewing machine, after contemplating getting one for months, on overstock.com for 60% off and its a very nice machine, at least for what I need it for. Before I bought it though I had Natalie show me how to use one to make sure I thought I could get the hang out it, Tobin hated the idea of me getting one because he thought I would use it once and never again- whatever! Anyways, I got it early last week in the mail and decided to be VERY brave. I bought a whole bunch of fabric and decided I was going to MAKE the present for the wedding I just went to this past weekend. I only had a couple days to do it so I sat down at night and figured it out. I am actually VERY pleased on how they turned out :) I am quite surprised actually! I made a set of 4 placemats, napkins, and napkin ring holders. I found out what the colors of her house were and went off the similar style of her wedding invites and ta-dah! She LOVES teal. :)
Check them out...
I have other things in mind that I plan on trying to make and will share as I go. I also whipped out a blanket for Ella to have on the plane (soooo soft) but I don't have a picture of it... I love how it turned out.
Monday, April 6, 2009
the sewing begins
Posted by holly gannett at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holly the placemats and napkins look AMAZING! You are so talented that I'm jealous!
I love your creativity and eye for graphics and things! I don't know if graphics is the correct word, I mean patterns and visual things...
I think I spend 9 hours in front of a screen!
Bravo novice sewer. It is fun and addicting isn't it. I am trying to come up with projects just so I can sew something.
I never thought of napkins and placemats, so thank you for inspiring my next project!
Oh, and boo to getting hit by lightning....scary!
Post a Comment