Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bag/Tote Creation!

So YES I am super busy and exhausted especially when Tobin is gone, but I don't sleep real well when he is away. I don't go to bed when I should and so I figured I mine as well do something rather then sit and watch TV. So Last weekend I bought some fabric for this bag/tote I wanted to try to make. It seemed quite hard but figured I mine as well try it out and see how it goes. Throughout the last week I have been preparing all the pieces, that can take just as long as making it sometimes. Anyways, I get no sleep at all last night because I got into a groove and made and finished my bag :)

I LOVE IT!

I can't believe I made it, who would of thought I could do this. 2 Months ago if you would of asked me to fix a seam in a shirt (straight line) or even turn on a sewing machine I would of laughed at you cause I would of had NO IDEA.... now look at me! Trust me I am shocked more then you are haha.

My bag is a larger bag and it has a smaller pocket for your phone and keys and then anouthe larger pocket, both inside. It's a great bag to just throw your stuff in and go. I figured it would be a nice summer bag (use it as a purse, take it to the pool, beach), it's nice and light weight and I just fell in love with the main fabric I found.

Anyways, take a look at my new creation.... and yes I know I am nuts and I should of been sleeping but oh well :)

Close up
trying to show you what it looks like on but didn't work out to well...
Another shot trying to show you what it looks like and the size
Inside with the pockets are hot pink!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Wow that is super cute! Way more original than the bags you see in stores!

Nena Loughrin said...

i love the bag and the sundress! you are so talented! can I order one :) haha no, seriously. I miss you! today's is addy's shower so i am stressing out. we need to catch up, i feel like i havent talked to you in forever! i'm off to get my haircut. love you babe!