Monday, June 8, 2009

what a relief!

Only a few of you know this but about a week ago I went to the doctors to get my moles checked out because they have changed. While I was in the doctors office they also wanted to make sure I was "okay." I am 22 pounds lighter then I was BEFORE I was pregnant, which I knew I was smaller but didn't realize it was that much. This definitely got the doctors attention and said "well loosing isn't always a bad thing, just as long as your healthy. I think we need to run a bunch of lab work to make sure things are "okay" with you. That is a large amount of weight to loose especially if you are not trying to(which I am not)."

This all happened when Tobin was in the desert so I couldn't get a hold of him and I had a dream that I had cancer (I hate dreams)! So as you could imagine I was a little bit of a wreck, for the rest of the week. The doctor was very quiet and ran a lot of tests and wouldn't answer many of my questions, just kept saying well let's wait and see how the blood work goes (it just gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach).

Anyways, I finally called because she hadn't called me like she was suppose to and everything was OK! It was such a relief to hear that :) So now all I have to do is get my moles checked and probably have a few taken off, but I couldn't get in until late August, but at least I know that I am healthy and am not sick.

** SIDE NOTE: Ella is only nursing in the morning and at night now and it is GREAT! When all you do is nurse you don't realize how nice it is to have them feed themselves some times :) She's doing great with the sippy cup and formula twice a day and it kind of feels like a weight has been lifted off of me as well... I was able to go to Starbuck and order a regular latte rather then decaf and it was GREAT!! haha it's funny the littlest things can excite you. I plan to be completely done nursing before I come home to Montana in July so I don't have to worry about the pump and it will be nice to not have to worry about it.... so I will of made it 11-11.5 months nursing, I think that is plenty of time and she is doing great so she is ready to move on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a HUGE relief. I can't imagine how scary that must have been. Glad you are okay and skinny :)

Dave said...

I would like to lose 22 pounds without trying. Oh well, by the way, I nursed 4 kids for 10 months each, that is 40 months... 3years and and 4 months of my life. Too much information? Hope to see you when you come to visit Montana.
Laurie