Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ella's 2 weeks old!

Ella is now 2 weeks old, we can't believe how time has flown by but at the same time it feels like she has been around much longer (that probably doesn't make much sense). She's been doing really well, she doesn't cry much (knock on wood) but I know that could change drastically in the next few months. Overall she seems to be a pretty happy baby :) Tobin was suppose to leave tomorrow for a month, but thank goodness he got his dates changed... I can't imagine him leaving right now!!! It is exhausting, but truly worth it, having her... each day seems to be getting a little easier as we get more and more of a routine down. Breastfeeding is definitely A LOT of work. I am breastfeeding her every 2-2.5 hours during the day and 2.5-3.5 hours at night from start to start! Once I get done feeding her, changing her diaper and changing her outfit, and then keeping her awake for awhile... I only have about an hour before I have to do it all over again. But I know it is totally worth it. The last couple of days I think I turned a corner and it seems to be getting easier and easier :) THANK GOODNESS!!! I never really realized how many restrictions there are when you breastfeed... pretty much the same as when you are pregnant! BUT I am really glad I am sticking to it.

This past week we have been quite busy :) Here are a few pics from the past week...

Tobin, Ella and the boys all taking a nap! I don't think they could get any closer to each other. It was pretty cute though.
This was right before we went to Assignment night at the Club on base. It was one of her first outings :) We got to show her off to everyone that hadn't seen her yet !She did so well during the whole thing... it was pretty loud and hot in the room where it was being held so she just slept in my arms for most of the time.Here is one of MANY funny faces she makes... we were surprised at how many facial expressions she has already.

She looks like this when she is about to fall asleep and all she does is stare off into space.

Taryn (our old Neighbor) had came to visit for the weekend... Ella loved all the attention! Taryn at the time was trying to keep her up and awake because I had just fed her. We are trying to keep her awake for a bit after she eats BEFORE she goes to bed so she learns the difference between day and night.
CLASSIC! Ella loves to stare :) she would totally win in a staring contest haha.
These are the booties that Tobin's mom gave us that his Grandma had made before she past away... it is something really special :) and so cute!! I figured I should put them on her now before her feet get any bigger haha!

1 comments:

Taryn Connell said...

Aww, I made it into the blog. :) I love the pic of her staring at me - it's like I'm a mutant to her!