Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2 NEW FIRSTS!

Yesterday was a big day for us, well for Tobin and Ella.

Yesterday Tobin had his first REAL flight in the C-5 and he loved it! He actually flew the plane and not just a simulator :) He has 5 more rides before we head out of San Antonio. We are hoping to be on the road by next Friday afternoon (after Ella's Doc appt in the morning for her 6 month shots).

Last night when I was feeding Ella (solids) she had pears for the first time and it definitely had a different texture to it, she has only had bananas up to this point. Anyways while I was feeding her she grabbed the spoon out of my hands and wanted to do it herself. THIS IS A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT :) I could not believe it. She tried feeding herself and then of course started flinging it around and gave up quickly, BUT it's the fact she wanted to do it for herself. Tobin flew late last night so he missed it but I was so excited I had to take a picture of her in action and sent it to him via txt.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Wow! That's insane .. what a big girl! What a cute picture too.
Are yall headed straight to Dover this weekend, or are you detouring to visit people? If you need a place to stay, you can head our way!

Janelle Wilson said...

Congratulations to Tobin for his first flight! And to Holly for surviving, knowing he was in control of that huge plane thousands of miles in the air, and not pulling out all of her hair. And to Ella for hand-eye coordination beyond her years. Bravo, Gannett family. Bravo!

Janelle Wilson said...

Hundreds of miles? I don't know.. I drive.