Have you read or heard about the 2 families that have been murder/suicide deaths? 2 in this past week! One earlier this week In L.A. and now just today in Columbus, Ohio.
I just don't get it!
I don't understand how someone could possibly think killing their children and spouse and then themselves could possibly make things right in their life. I must be having some HUGE disconnect (not really)! And then you read about there family members not understanding how such a good person could possibly do this to their family... Is it as if these people just snap?
Honestly I believe that suicide is one of the most selfish things one can do! AND then on top of harming yourself you decide to take others lives as well, and to make it even worse your families lives. I would like to know what is going through peoples minds RIGHT before they do such an act. Were they on something to make them think this is that only choice they have? I'm serious. Or are they having a chemical imbalance? Or do they hate their lives so much that they truly believe that it is the only way out? I feel so sorry for people who think this way...
This whole subject really hits home for me. My father took his life July of 1999, so this summer will be 10 years. Wow, that makes my stomach sink in a bit when I wrote that. I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since I have seen him... actually it has been over 10 years since I have seen him because the last time we saw him was that Christmas. A lot of things have happened in my life the past 10 years, I was only 15...
That means that he missed out on so many wonderful things in my life (and my sisters and everyone else in his life), I was just starting to grow up.
Here are a few things to put it into perspective:
- getting my first job
- going to school dances
- winning a state championship in high school
- graduating high school
- graduating college
- getting my first grown up job
- getting married (walking me down the aisle)
- HAVING A BABY! (seeing his grandchild)
I am not sure where I was heading with all of this...
Anyways, if your interested in what made me start talking about this subject- the murder suicide deaths in the past week- just go to www.cnn.com
___________________________
On a more uplifting note...

Well we are still in the car... my butt in numb and Ella is having a pretty hard time (not at all)!
Ella has a rough life :) She looks much more comfortable then I am.
1 comments:
Holly, I think of you during this time without knowing what it's like to lose someone to something so selfish, at least from our point of view. I go back to the times when you came to youth group and you cried in the pews...I didn't understand and didn't know what to say. I still don't but I commend you for being so strong. You've lived an incredible life and have an even more incredible family to show for it. I wish I could have been more of a friend in high school, knowing what I know now, but I guess it doesn't always work out like that. Good luck to your family as you move to Dover!
Post a Comment