Thursday, January 15, 2009

poor little stinker

For the past 3 days Ella has NOT BEEN HERSELF. Of course she is not herself the entire time Carley came to visit us... she just left this morning. Today we are doing much better (so far) but since Monday I swear I have had a different child.

I am almost positive her teeth are moving up and down, she's been teething for the past few months. The last 3 days were different though. She NEEDED to eat every 2-2.5 hours, boy is that exhausting especially in the middle of the night. She just whined and fussed constantly and would only nap for maximum of 45 minutes, and when she would wake up she would let out this bloody murder scream, not her usual hangout in her crib for a little bit and chat with herself. Needless to say it has been a VERY long last 3 days! But FINALLY last night she slept for a good 7 hours only waking up and crying once and I didn't even have to pick her up she calmed herself back down :) THANK GOD! I felt like I was back to having a newborn and only days out of the hospital.

She was so pitiful this last week and it really seemed as if she was in pain a good amount of the time. I felt so bad for her, but all I could do was use baby oragel and one of the nights I gave her Tylenol (that didn't seem to help at all). So cross your fingers she will have a wonderful day today and "Ella" will be back and not the Stinker :)

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last week or so that I just LOVE!! Figured it wouldn't hurt to remind myself and everyone else how cute she can be when she's not in pain!


3 comments:

Anne said...

How funny is she - her lil personality really shines through in those pics!

Janelle Wilson said...

I know it drives you nuts, but I can't help it: Ella looks SO much like Tobin in that top picture, it's scary! I can't quite put my finger on what is similar about them though. Lucky both of you are ridiculously good looking, eh?

Erica Burkhalter said...

I feel your pain, Holly. I feel like you could have been explaining the exact behavior of Riley! I hope teething is the explanation for Riley's fussiness and needing to eat every five minutes, otherwise I'm afraid I'll have to contribute it to the devil overtaking her soul! :) Good luck!!!