It makes me think how in the world would we be able to have another baby when Ella has streaks of being very needy and VERY fussy (crying, whining, needing to eat EVERY 2 hours, basically pissed off when not being held, and all of a sudden not going down for naps) As you can imagine this would put a little ding in my routine when working during the day from home. I know it's not her fault and I am not blaming her at all, I love her dearly and I cater to her needs, I just can't imagine having 2 babies and being able to work. Ella is the most important thing, I am aware of that, but I love what I do and can't imagine not being able to work-- it's a big part of who I am and I love what I do!! My job works out so well right now, once in a while I have those days that are rougher then usual but it always works out. With Tobin about to be done with training means he will soon be gone ALL THE TIME... this would also make it difficult to work from home if we had another little one, because I am basically going to be a single parent a lot of the time (I hate to think of it like that but it's true-- military life).
Since Ella's shots, well I guess a little before she got her shots she has been much fussier then usual. I know she is growing, teething, we traveled with her and she was around a bunch of people she wasn't use to... I get it, it was hard on her and I do feel bad for her. She went 5 nights straight of not sleeping (waking up every 2 hours screaming hysterical). It was rough, we have had it pretty well up till now... I got her on a pretty good schedule right after she was born and she has stuck to it ever since (except the random days/nights that she wasn't having it). When we were in Beaumont for Thanksgiving I even had to go sleep (nap) on the couch with her all night because she was so fussy and I hate that all I can do is comfort her and she can't tell me exactly what is wrong... who knows she may of told me to go screw myself if she could of. She was not happy!
So seeing that Thanksgiving didn't go over as well as planned (traveling- well the traveling part did just not after traveling) if makes us VERY nervous for Christmas time, I think it will be rough on her as well. We were told at the doctors last week that stranger anxiety starts around now or a little before this and gets REALLY bad around 5-6 months-- GREAT just in time for TONS of new people to be passing her around when we go home for Christmas. The poor little girl only seeing her dad and I day in and day out because of our living situation right now. She is not going to know what to do. She already cried and looked around for us at Thanksgiving and we were right there in the room, she's not going to know what to do when we get to Montana!
Anyways, Ella FINALLY slept last night :) YAH!! Of course I had to get something done for work so I was up past 1am (it always works out like that, Ella finally sleeps and I can't). So I am hoping she gets back on a routine of some sort with in the next week or so. Then it will be time to pack up again and head to Montana... poor little thing...we will be crossing our fingers.
Back to what I was talking about in the beginning... I love Ella and am so glad we have her right now and wouldn't have it any other way, I just don't know right now about having more. I know she is only 4 months old and we might think differently in a year or 2, but right now I can't imagine having another baby! So if anyone was wondering, NO WE WILL NOT BE HAVING ANOTHER LITTLE ONE ANY TIME SOON!!!! Tobin especially agrees since this past week :) hahaha. This was his first time taking Ella to get her shots (he was gone at survival last time).
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
makes me think...
Posted by holly gannett at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
First of all, I'm sorry that you are having it rough right now, but you seem to have a good attitude about it, and you know that it will soon pass - Bravo!
Secondly, don't worry about Ella freaking out in Billings. It's what babies do. No one expects her to be perfect in a new place surrounded by new people. Just whatever you do, don't let it stop her from meeting new people! It's fine for her to be sketched out about strangers, but it's NOT fine for it to paralyze you.
... said the girl without kids and no frame of reference or personal experience. :) Hope you like unsolicited advice from people who haven't a clue what it's like to be in your shoes! Good thing you love me.
Love you ALL.
Post a Comment