Thursday, December 18, 2008

what next?!!

So it is 11:15pm, Ella finally went to bed (we had a rough night to say the least but she is ok and the doctors appointment went ok, still not positive why the black poop but we have to try some trial and error things- I will write more on that later), Otis and I are sitting on the couch while my head is pounding because Tobin just headed out the door to take Theo (one of our dogs) to the EMERGENCY PET CLINIC...

I was trying to calm Ella down and feed her to get her to go to bed when all of a sudden Tobin jumps up from the table where he was studying and starts saying Theo's name over and over. I look over and Tobin looks scared to death. I see Theo, immediately put Ella down and run over to Theo. He had no control of his body, he was shaking, his eyes were bugging out HUGE, his jaw was clinched tight, he couldn't stand and had fallen over and his body was hard as a rock... I really don't want to relive what just happened so I will just tell you that we are almost positive he just had a seizure! After a few minutes he came back to himself-- but those were the longest few minutes ever... it scared the crap out of us and I of course started crying.

Tobin bought Theo for me when he lived in ND and I was still in Bozeman for that year. Theo has always been my baby and even though Ella is hear now he still means the world to me. I am not sure how I would of made it through that year alone without Theo... Our dogs, Theo and Otis, are STILL very important to us, just sometimes get put on the back burner because of Ella, but we try not too.

So to say the least this week has been TERRIBLE! ER visit with Ella, back to the doc with Ella, Ella has had a VERY rough last week, Tobin has had 2 major test and 3 sims, we are suppose to be leaving for MT this weekend and nothing is packed yet... I still have a TON of stuff to get done before we leave AND TOMORROW IS ALREADY FRIDAY!

I am so overwhelmed with everything right now I can't even function. I am worried about Ella, packing to go to Montana, traveling with Ella, finishing up some work and now THEO! Oh and I just found Otis in my dirty clothes EATING my underwear-- he does not do well without Theo, they are connected at the hip!!

1 comments:

tarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Theo (& Ella! Keep us posted on that!).

My cat, Kelsey, has seizures too. In fact, she's a rescue kitty because somebody gave her up due to the seizures. She was on Phenobarbitol (anti-seizure) medication for a few years, but it makes you lethargic and can damage the liver. She had to get blood tests all the time. She had about one seizure a month for a while.

Then, I took her off the meds and she only has about 2 seizures per year. I think they're stress induced, so any change in environment (including a new baby) can bring them on.

When they happen there's nothing you can do except make sure that they can't fall off anything, then comfort them when it's over. It's very hard to watch.

I hope you have a good trip to Montana (I'm jealous!).

Take care!