There have been a few things we have had and still are adjusting to here in TEXAS (not good or bad, just different)...
- Tobin is having a hard time not having HD channels on television. We decided to go with the cheap version of cable to save some money-- Tobin is not real happy about that decision!
- we also ONLY have regualr cable which is killing Tobin :) haha... there is no guise to look at or you can't record a program or rewind a play on ESPN. I will admit I have already tried (just by habit) to rewind because I missed something while watching TV... look what our world has come to!
- Many people around here barely speak English... they don't have as much of a southern accent. Either way in Mississippi or here in San Antonio we can't understand the words coming out of some peoples mouths (especially when the mumble and that's bad when I say that cause I mumble all the time).
- It is October and it is still in the high 90's during the day!
- We actually live in a BIG city... so lots of shopping :) I'm just happy we don't have to drive an hour to get to a target.
- You take the freeway to get anywhere around here.
- Tons of restaurants and things to:
- Sea World (military gets in free once a year :) )
- River Walk (we haven't gone yet but we plan to go this weekend!!
- The Alamo
- Lots of great Malls
- Buffalo Wild Wings (Tobin is stoked about this-- he plans on going every thursday night for $0.50 boneless wings)
- Italian Restaurants (MS didn't really have any close to us & I LOVE Italian food).
- Swimming pools
- our apartment complex has a small gym that I can use :) instead of having to drive to base!
- BABIES R' US-- we finally bought a glider :) We should be getting it on Friday and don't worry I will be posting pics because it is what I call heaven! We probably spent too much but it will be worth every little penny!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment