So just in the past 2 days Ella has had a few NEW DEVELOPMENTS!
I couldn't believe it I put Ella in her BUMBO, that she was too tiny to sit in last week, and she did GREAT! She sat up and didn't fall over and actually liked it. I know she is still so small but she seems so big to us :) We were very proud of her!!!*Note: This is a classic picture of Ella with her eyebrows (the little there is) up, deep concentration and her hands crossed. She does all 3 very frequently!
For the past few weeks Ella has been in love with her hands and fingers. Sucking on each individual finger, 2 or 3 fingers at once, kind of her thumb and definitely trying to fit her entire fist into her mouth.
BUT yesterday I think she decided that she likes her thumb the best. Every since yesterday afternoon she has been fascinated by it. As Tobin would say "She is actually sucking it, not just playing with her fingers... She is full on sucking her thumb!" He then tells me he thinks she is too young to be sucking her thumb and that he is going to have nightmares of her walking around 4 years old still sucking her thumb... hahaha (I just laughed).
He was being a bit dramatic! :) She doesn't like a pacifier and her thumb seems to sooth her and there is nothing we can do about it... I figure at least she found something besides my boob to sooth and comfort her! Especially because I am going to be gone for a couple of days here shortly. Who knows it could last a week or years-- there's no telling!
Here's living proof...
(this was taken during one of her naps)
Monday, October 20, 2008
sitting up & thumb sucking
Posted by holly gannett at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment