Breast milk is like LIQUID GOLD!
Last night I about broke down into tears because our power went out and it was out for quiet a while! 30 minutes of sitting there waiting for it to come on I realized that ALL the breast milk I have been building up for the past month or so was going to thaw out and be RUINED!!!
I started freaking out... It was after 6pm so places to get dried ice wee closed and for those of you who don't know breast milk thaws out VERY QUICKLY!
Of course this had to happen less then a week before I am leaving for a couple of days (which was how Ella was going to eat with out having to give her formula). I was just thinking how much time I have put into pumping all this damn milk (which is a huge pain in the ass). I had even been storing up extra so this weekend I could have a few margaritas and not have to worry about it... that milk is my only way to be able to feel like a normal person if I want to.
I know some of you are probably thinking I am crazy but you have no idea how long it has taken me to store up this milk for Ella just so I can leave for a few days--- I was panicking!
LUCKLY, the power came on right as we were packing the milk up to put it on ice (1.25 hours later). I would of been so pissed if I would of had to throw all of it away-- I would of cried. But everything is good :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Liquid GOLD!
Posted by holly gannett at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment