So I have been posting like crazy lately... some what of the reason is because I am home sick. Not necessarily home sick for Montana (even though I always miss it) but just lonely and hate not knowing anyone around here and not having any friends... actually I have one friend ELLA and she's awesome but I can't have a conversation with her without her spitting up on me... but she does think I am pretty funny :)
Anyways, we only have 1 car so Tobin takes it to work everyday which means I am stuck in this little apartment with Ella ALL DAY LONG EVERY WEEKDAY... can't even go out to get coffee or just to get out of the house. I would love to take her on a long walk as well as the dogs but I really can't do that either-- it's not the safest around here and Tobin really doesn't want me going out by myself with Ella. So I look forward to the weekends so we can get out of the house but of course then Tobin just wants to hang out, relax and watch sports all weekend. Don't get me wrong I like watching sports but I feel like I have permanently imprinted my ass into our chair in the living room because it's where I sit ALL DAY everyday while working on my computer and rocking Ella when she is fussy. I just can't wait to FINALLY be settled down somewhere for 3-4 years... actually be around the same people for more then a year! I swear once we make friends and start getting close we have to move :(
San Antonio has many things to do but it just sucks not having another car... I just feel trapped in this apartment-- Probably cause I am! It also doesn't help that our house is not so homey... but we knew it was going to be that way from the beginning... there are just so many big, white, blank walls... it could make you go crazy!
I'm not sure if I have talked about this or not but the majority of wives DO NOT come down here with there husbands. Most of the guys have to live on base in a room like a dorm room, but because Ella was just born we decided to come with Tobin and not stay behind like most do. I am really glad we came with, wouldn't have it any other way, it just makes it hard to make friends or have someone to hangout with occasionally because no one is here!! BUT like I said I am glad Ella and I came along... These are just things I am struggling with a bit.
I think I need to find a hobby that does not involve my computer... I love working (graphic design on my computer), designing random projects on my computer, blogging on my computer, invitations design on my computer, surfing the internet, and emailing- along with many other thing. EVERYTHING I DO AND LOVE TO DO (besides play with Ella) HAS TO DO WITH MY DAMN COMPUTER.
Anyone have any suggestions? PLEASE I would love to hear them.
Oh and ones last thing... when I had said it wasn't too safe around our area, it is suppose to be but here are a few examples that we ran into within the first first 2 weeks of living here....
- Got a notice on our door that there had been many burgleries within the apartment complex-- $10,000 rewards if anyone had any information!
- the next day our neighbor above us stopped my while I was letting the dogs out and asked if I had seen a gray truck... "I said no, you ean the one that is normally parked right there" as I point to the spot right next to where we park. He said "Ya... I just thouhgt I would let you know that my truck got stolen!!" It got stolen between 6-8pm (daylight) and we live in a "gated" community-- the gate is never closed though.
- then 2 days later Tobin and I decided to watch the news and there were 3 stabbings in 1 night... this seemed pretty reqular!

Well with that siad I CAN'T WAIT MY MOM IS COMING TO VISIT in a week from today!!! I will write more on that later, but it will be nice to see her and have a little company.
I miss everyone and thanks for keeping up on how we are doing by checking the blog.
Love you all!
1 comments:
Hmm, hobbies that don't include a computer?? GOOD LUCK! Just kidding, maybe try scrapbooking, or reading some good books? Or, buy some video games? Maybe when we get to Abilene I can come visit to entertain you :) Hang in there!
Post a Comment