So I have some news...
First off last night I had some major contractions starting at 7:30pm and did not fade away until after 1:30am... I am surprised we didn't end up in the hospital. We were really close to going in but I wanted to wait until they got just a little worse, just in case and well they never really went away but they didn't get any worse. But let me tell you they were painful and coming every 2-6 minutes for a good 3- 4 hours. They they would fade and come back. To say the least I didn't get much sleep, maybe an hour or two.
Anyways, I woke up this morning and have been still having back pain and some actual contractions. We had our ULTRASOUND this morning, it was crazy! The lady told us that she is really down there and that she was a healthy looking GIRL still so thats a good thing :) haha. We got to see her face, her legs were crossed, we say her feet and arms and hands and her bladder was huge because she had to go to the bathroom (thats what the lady told us). Her stomach was really small because I had just gotten done eating breakfast so she it hadn't gotten to her yet... but don't worry she is getting plenty of food from me.
Guess what? They estimated her weight at...... 7 lbs 10oz.... HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
I could not believe that she was already that big! I was expecting 6 something because I am still in my 37th week, it's not like I am 40 weeks pregnant yet. So yes she will be a big baby :( makes me hurt just thinking about it. ANd then we were told that it can be up to a pound off either way... so the smallest she could be is 6lbs 10 oz and the BIGGEST she could be as of now is 8lbs 10oz (which is HUGE for 37 weeks). We just bought diapers that only go up to 8lbs haha... might need to take those back. The thing is I still do not look HUGE so I guess my tummy is mainly baby, I suppose this is the reason I kept thinking she was probably going to be a smaller baby, but no such luck hahaha ! :)
Also we found out that she is growing faster and is measuring at 38 weeks and 2 days rather then 37 weeks and 2 days. This may be to an advantage for us but maybe not! The lady told us that the doctor WILL take this into consideration when it comes to inducing and so on.... so everyone cross your fingers that maybe he can change the date because of her growth :) So we will find out more on Monday at my next appointment! IF we go off of what she is measuring I will be just about 39 weeks on monday then. Make sense?
The way these contractions aren't going away though, who knows what will happen from now until then... I am just hoping to walk her out of me ;) but there is only so much walking I can do in this miserable humid heat... in just the last week it has gotten SOOOO muggy and hot! I actually just started going back to the gym to walk on the treadmill because its too hot outside and then take the dogs on a short walk at night.
Well we will keep you updated but hopefully she will be here any day now.... waiting around is the worst part!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Baby Update, 7.10.08
Posted by holly gannett at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment