Sunday, July 27, 2008

Giving Birth!

For those of you who don't know, we have our baby girl :) We were suppose to go to the hospital Wednesday morning (7.23.08) at 6am for me to get induced, BUT we didn't make it that long. I started having contractions Wednesday morning at midnight, so late Tuesday night, and from the first contraction I KNEW I was going into labor. I woke Tobin up at 1:30am and we were at the hospital by 2:30am, in Amory, MS. We had to fill out paper work and when we finally got into a room ; they checked me and I was 4 cm dilated. Within an hour I was 6 cm and then within less then another hour I was 8 cm dilated. They gave me the epidural, but had to do it twice because she was too close to a vessel. The epidural still didn't work so by the time they figured this out I was already 8 cm dilated, they had to act fast to try and redo it otherwise I wouldn't be able to get an epidural (because I was dilating so fast). Once the epidural FINALLY took things got better :) It didn't take much longer to get to 10 cm... by this point I started pushing and then had to STOP pushing because the doc wasn't in the room yet and she was going to come out. I pushed for about 3o minutes and then she was here :) Tobin did VERY well... he didn't pass out, he ended up looking at the head coming out AND cut the cord. I was impressed. He about passed out while I was getting the epidural though... this made me nervous and was thinking he was goign to be on the floor while I was pushing :)

Here are a few photos of that day before, during and after birth....

During contractions once we got into a room at the hospital
(break in between actual contractions)

Right after she was born when they were cleaning her up and making sure she had 10 fingers and 10 toes

Still cleaning her up, Tobin got to watch and make sure she was ok while I got taken care of and fixed as well.

Once we got to hold her after she was cleaned, what an amazing experience!
After delivery once waiting to be able to walk to go see Ella in the nursery (couldn't walk until the epidural wore off)

More Pics of Ella Christine...

0 comments: