Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our First Week!

Well we have made it through our first week together as a family :) We are all doing well but of course feeling a little exhausted! We have enjoyed our time just the three of us and feel it was good for us to have our alone time together, but we also miss our family and wish they were closer. We start to have friends and family come visit starting this weekend... bring on the visitors :) Can't wait to see everyone-- Ella is so excited to meet you!

It's amazing all the things that have happened since we have been home from the hospital in the past week. Here are some pics....

But one thing I didn't get a picture of was when I was changing her diaper and all of a sudden I screamed and ducked for cover while trying to block the poop that had shot out and went at least four feet. Liquidy poop was all over the dresser, her changing pad, laundry basket, her teddy bear AND the wall!!! While I caught come of it there was definitely plenty to clean up and while I was yelling for TObin to come she what she just did and laughing histarically she then proceeded to pee in my hand. She pretty much unloaded everything possible :) We were stunned and couldn't believe it, but we got a good laugh out of it! When she was finally done she looked so content and happy, haha.

Enjoy the pics hope everyone likes.

Ella's FIRST Bath!
She did so well and now this hammock looking thing that attaches to the baby tub does wonders, it made it so many easier because we didn't have to worry about her sliding out of our hands.

All Done!
Time to dry her off. It was so HOT out that we just walked out side real quick to made sure she would warm up and didn't get too cold.

So CUTE!
I just love this picture! We were just dressing her after her bath and she loved playing with her towel :)

Dog Kisses!
The dogs have done so well with Ella. They just love to see her and watch her CONSTANTLY. Theo loves to give her kisses, we try have him not but once in awhile he will quickly kiss the side of her head. Ella doesn't seem to mind :) she just makes some pretty funny faces.

One sock on & one sock off!
Ella doesn't seem to mind having her socks on during the day or while she is awake, but it's a different story when it some to when she is sleeping. She was taking a nap and we when I walked in to check up on her this is how I found her. It looks as if she grabbed her sock off herself, it's always just one sock that has to come off. Even when we unswaddle her (she loves to be swaddled when she goes to bed at night) in the morning it's always one sock on and one sock off.

Baby monitor confuses the boys!
So when Ella is napping we use our baby monitor while we are out in the living room. Every time she makes a noise or starts crying the boys get so confused and can't figure out where she is. They get this worries look on there face and pace around the living room trying to find her. Theo just the other day laid down next to the monitor (pretty much on top of it) and just watched it as she was crying and it lit up and made noise. She keeps they entertained, sometimes they will just sit and stare at her as if they are guarding her, it's pretty cute.

Food Coma!
After pretty much every feeding this is what Ella looks like. We like to call it "food come." She just looks exhausted and full. She becomes more alert after a few minutes but if you were to leave her be she would stay like this for hours. She does not look comfortable but she loves it.

Dad helping out!
Since I feed her all the time Tobin will once in awhile burp her and we take turns changing her diapers. He looks so cute holding her :)

Ella's Bouncer!
Ella loves her bouncer! She sits in it every morning after she breastfeeds while Tobin and I have breakfast together :) It works out well.

When Ella's Hungry!
I swear when Ella is hungry, she is hungry! She will open her mouth and try to suck on my shirt, even Tobin's shirt or nipple :) The other day I was getting ready to feed her and he was entertaining her while I got situated and she started sucking HARD on his nose... he just started laughing and we couldn't believe she was actually sucking on it.

Ella & Mom's Favorite Time Together!
So my favorite thing to do with her is take naps right now. I don't take as many with her as I probably should but when we do she loves to lay on my chest like this and we just pass out while watching TV... Tobin normally fall asleep too since he can fall asleep at any time any where :)

0 comments: